"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young me shall see visions." ( Joel 2:28)
In scripture we see so often where God has sent angels or prophets to deliver messages and He still does. Are you a son or daughter? The above scripture states that God will pour out His Spirit upon ALL flesh. We need to listen for the Holy Spirit to speak to us. If we desire the fulfillment of this promise we need to ask and expect to receive the Holy Spirit, have dreams and see visions. Dreams and visions are discussed more under their appropriate topic as we want to stay focused on God speaking through messengers here.
One message that most people are familiar with is when the angel appeared to Mary to tell the young Jewish girl that she would conceive a son by the Power of the Holy Spirit. He said that holy thing shall be called the Son of God. In reading Luke 1 verses 35 and 36 we see that the messenger did not just tell her about herself but that her cousin Elizabeth was with child and in her sixth month. He told her nothing is impossible with God. Both of these births were to fulfill the prophesies spoken by the prophets who were also messengers of God. The birth of the child to Mary's cousin Elizabeth was to fulfill the prophesy of the one who would be the forerunner of Jesus. The one who would be the voice in the wilderness declaring the coming of the Lord. The following is the record of the angel appearing and delivering the announcement of the birth of John the Baptist.
"And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the alter of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer was heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John." (Luke 1:11-13)
God uses even the reluctant to deliver His messages. Jonah, the prophet, tried running from God when he was asked to give a message to the wicked people in Nineveh. He was given a second chance as God loved the people. "And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee." (Jonah 3:1-4) Due to Jonah going to Neneveh and the message delivered, Nineveh repented and fasted and God did not destroy them. The whole city was saved because of that messenger.
I was going through some hard times and I was thanking God for all His blessings and I had a vision of the most beautiful white cloud and it had streamers flowing from it glimmering and shimmering brilliantly in the white. I saw the streamers as blessings being sent from God. Later that morning I was doing my exercise while watching TBN and heard Dale Evans say: "God is sending a cloud of blessing on you and your children and I felt goose bumps and the Holy Spirit move in me." (Journal 1, page 114) See how God used Dale Evans as a messenger to confirm the vision that He gave me.
Four different people, none having met the other on four different occasions were given visions of a multitude of people here on the property. Two saw people in praise and worship of God. One witnessed the miracle of the loaves and fishes. (Journal 27, pg 15) The other saw people on blankets, etc. eating. Five people have told me they have seen angels here and five have reported seeing Jesus here. These fourteen people were all messengers sent by God. Why do you think God has shown people these things? I believe it is to embolden me and to reinforce that it is God's desire that this property be used as a Biblical Garden to make the Bible come alive. It is also my belief that when God speaks through another as a prophet it is something which the person receiving the message already knows and the message is confirmation.
This morning I was praying that God would guide me today to include everything He desired as examples and only that which He wanted me to include and to cast out all thoughts and everything not of Him so that His desire and purpose would be accomplished as I was writing this at His instruction. I picked up my Bible and it opened to EZRA and I immediately remembered what a prophetess, Linda, recently told me so I believe God wants me to include this. I have transcribed it exactly as it is on the tape so please excuse any grammar errors, etc. I was at a church and there was a guest speaker who was a prophetess. She and her associate had been working with others encouraging those with a gift of prophesy. At the end of the service they asked if anyone wanted to come up and be prophesied over. Here is what I wrote in my journal the next morning. "I asked you to have her call on me to be prophesied over if You had a message for me and she did. I thank you for the message. Some of the people have never seen me before like Linda and I have no more then said hi to the others so I know the words were from you." (Journal 12, pg. 104,105) There were six people that spoke:
1. "I've seen you working on needlepoint, You've been working on it for years and years and years. You won't quit. You're very meticulous about it. Get every stitch just right. You keep saying Lord, when can I finish this, when can I put it down."
2. "This is Kelly, I see you standing in a, in a fairly small yard but it's so beautiful. It's like there's a little house there and it's got a little white fence that surrounds the yard and then it's got an arched, I don't know what they call them. It's like a trellis, I guess and the beautiful roses are entwined over that. Big huge blossoms of roses on that and you're just standing in the middle of this yard and just beautiful plants are growing in this yard and I see you just standing there smiling and I don't know if the Lord has put you there or if that's your own hand that's cultivated that but that's what I see."
3. "I see a large group of people that are lost and um, the Lord loves them and He has no way to get to them but through you. You're the perfect access to them and He's going to use you mightily."
4. "Marge, this is Linda, um, I had just saw you as a scribe and the word EZRA came to me and I see you with many, many books and much studies and many years of the Lord under your belt so to speak and the Lord sees that and He's so extremely pleased with your walk and it's been a long walk and not easy. In fact you've wondered at times, you know, where is He and what is this about, but the Lord has seen every step you've taken and He's well pleased but that deep desire on your heart is being answered. It's being answered even now and you know that but you just needed a confirmation. Is that right?"
5. "I just see um, you know how in the desert how the ground cracks when it's so hot? I see a plant, like a flower and it's there and it's growing towards the sun and then it was like starting to lean over like it just couldn't take it. The heat, any more or being dry and then I just saw it being uprooted and I just saw it put into the ground where grass was growing and it was all soft and then, um, you were with other flowers and ah, and you ended up, they were all different flowers and they ended up all taking on qualities of you and you guys are all just stretching up towards the light or."
6. "This is brother Tom, ah, when you set down I just keep seeing the same word over and over. It's just hope. You know. The Bible says there is faith, hope and love and I just hope that speaks something to you. Just hope."
You can see how God has brought others to confirm what He has already called me to do and impress upon me that it is His Perfect Will and desire. As the prophetess Linda stated, "you know that but you just needed a confirmation." My response was, "It's happening. Amen. Yes."
All messages received from someone should be prayed over and taken to God. Messages should edify, exhort and confirm. If it does not line up with God's word and is not a confirmation it more than likely is not from God.
Quoted from the book: Hearing God Speak
Author: Margaret Jensen